mission & vision
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Wayne County is an inclusive community for spiritual exploration, dedicated to social and environmental justice.
We will nurture a community of open hearts and minds, offering all a safe harbor for personal and spiritual growth. We will celebrate diversity, and strive to provide compassion, dignity and justice in the web of life.
our covenant of mutual respect
Because we as Unitarian Universalists intend to live the words of our Principles, we covenant together to:
- Respect in our speech and actions those persons within the Fellowship with differing opinions, always assuming that someone present disagrees.
- Recognize that interpersonal conflict can be a positive force for constructive change.
- Take individual responsibility for the shared stewardship of our community, its facilities and resources.
- Communicate openly, to listen to each other, and to make the effort to be informed about Fellowship matters.
- Maintain as sacred the worship hour for healing and sanctuary.